Denmark’s energy strategy

The key technologies to achieve this target are biomass and wind power. Biogas is to be used more strongly for heating within this context. Its production is to be increased by providing new monetary support. Particularly ambitious is the plan to ban the installation of classic oil and gas condensing boilers completely. This is to come into effect in 2012 for new buildings and in 2017 for existing buildings.

For electricity, wind power is to take on the largest share of energy generation. By 2020 the expansion of onshore and offshore capacities is to increase the share of wind power in electricity production to 42 %. The share currently lies at 20 %, so this equates to just over a doubling. In total, the share of renewable energies will thus have risen to 62 %.

Additionally, energy efficiency is to be increased in Denmark, leading to a 6 % reduction in primary energy demand by 2020. The energy concept is not yet law, however, and is now to be discussed in parliament.

Similar Entries

More efficient: Pulcap pultruded profiles reinforce the blades of today’s wind turbines (pict. Röchling)

As part of the planned energy transition, increasingly wind power plants are being used to generate electricity. The international plastics processor Röchling Industrial launches a product made of composites, Pulcap, that enhances the stability of the rotor blades of wind turbines. Owing to their extremely high mechanical strength and low weight, the pultruded profiles enable an efficient and safe operation of wind turbines.

Solarpark Kabai: MET Group and IBC Solar Energy started their successful cooperation in 2020. The result was a large-scale PV project with an output of 43 MWp (pict.: IBC Solar Energy)

IBC Solar Energy, the international project division of IBC Solar AG, has signed contracts for the realization of two megawatt solar parks in Hungary with a nominal capacity of 51 megawatt peak (MWp) and 45 MWp.

Excelsior Energy Capital (“Excelsior”), a renewable energy infrastructure fund focused on long-term investments in wind and solar power plants in North America, and Unico Solar Investors (“Unico Solar”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Unico Investment Group LLC that develops, owns and operates commercial and community solar installations, announced the completion of a 300-kilowatt solar energy system at Central Station, a new four-story, 125,000-square-foot office building. Developed by SteelWave and owned by Principal Real Estate Investors, the building is located at 285 Sobrante Way in Sunnyvale, California.

Siemens Gamesa has secured a new order in India from Ayana Renewable Power Six Private Limited to supply a 302MW project, providing another boost to the country’s wind energy drive. A total of 84 units of the SG 3.6-145 wind turbines will be installed for the project in the Gadag district, Karnataka State.