Solar Thermal

Solar Millennium sells Andasol 3 to Solanda GmbH

The acquisition price was kept confidential. MAN Ferrostaal AG from Essen, Germany, holds 61.5 % in Solanda GmbH. The remaining share of 38.5 % is held by Solar Millennium. The entry of MAN Ferrostaal into the project secures the scheduled construction progress of Andasol 3, even against the backdrop of the latest developments in Spanish legislation.

India: True size of the solar thermal market

The Study of the Swiss bank Sarasin states a collector area of 650,000 m2 for 2007 (equivalent of 455 MWth), whilst the authors of Solar Heat Worldwide 2008 come to the conclusion that the market volume for 2007 was 256,000 m2, an equivalent of 180 MWth.

Siemens acquires Solel Solar

<b>Construction of the parabolic trough power plant Lebrija 1 in Andalusia: Siemens is supplying the turbines, Solel is building the solar array.<b><br><i>Photo: Siemens</i>

At present, Solel employs about 500 members of staff, and its turnover in the first half of 2009 amounted to approximately € 90 million. One country in which Solel is active is Spain, and it says that it is supplying key components for 15 solar thermal power plants with a combined capacity of 750 MW there. With the acquisition, Siemens will further strengthen its position in the CSP market.

PAW expands overseas sales activities

<b>Manager Marcel Tonnar (centre) and two further members of staff attend to the Spanish PAW customers.</b><br><i>Photo: PAW</i><br>

On 1st January, the company PAW Vertriebs GmbH, with its headquarters in Gröbming, Austria, started operations. A staff of five attends to customers from Austria, Liechtenstein, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Albania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Greece and Israel.

Tisun and Lochinvar want to establish a common brand for the US market

The joint development of a system that is adapted to the American market is scheduled for the next half year. For this purpose, Tisun has just sent the team manager of its technology department to the Lochinvar company headquarters in Lebanon in the state of Tennessee.

Austria: Solar thermal requirement for new buildings

The draft of the bill was tabled in the summer of 2009 and has now been agreed by the state government. It should be passed by the state parliament during the spring. All constructors of new buildings would then be obliged to install solar collectors for warm water support.

Atlas receives SRCC solar thermal accreditation

Atlas successfully passed an onsite audit to SRCC Standard 100 "Test Methods and Minimum Standards for Certifying Solar Collectors". Atlas did run testing facilities for solar thermal products during the previous solar thermal boom in the US and now re-enters the solar thermal testing market. Besides solar thermal, Atlas has testing facilities for other solar technologies.

Pages